Something to share...
~A note posted by Bro. Hazwan, the Vice President of MSC at facebook..~
Next semester, MEU+MSC will organize a program entitled as above.. It has 2 parts, and the tentative are attached below (1styr & 2ndyr WAJIB datang).. MEU is an academic organization under KOM, lead by Dr Azlin (radio). She was the one who brought up this idea, a modified and official module of our previous mentor mentee programme, with a hope that it will be more efficient and beneficial especially to the freshies.
So basically, Dr Azlin request 20 volunteers (from 4th year) to be committee and facilitator in this programme. 3rd yr & final yr students are welcomed to join if u're free during the 1st part of the event. Sape nk jadi committee buleh la bg nama ye cepat2 b4 abes cuti ni.. Hopefully many will support this programme.. tlg heboh2 kan eh kt kengkawan laen.. ada soalan bleh la tanye.. TQ, wasalam..
p/s: *Bro presiden, Dr azlin mtk ko bg talk sket rgarding intro to MSC.
*Ijat 2ndyear, take note eh program ni, bgtau kt bdk2 batch ko
*Majid n azmad, utk 3rdyr korg la eh jd wakil heboh2kn.. dr nk 2-3 org mtk jd faci skali..
*utk kengkawan 4thyr, dr azlin da mtk kbenaran utk ponteng klas forensic isnin 12hb tu.. cpat2la bg nama ye.. =)
THE ‘BUDDY NETWORK’
PART 1: 12th July 2010 (2nd Monday of Y1 session)
Persons involved: Members of Medical Education Unit (MEU),
Medical student's society,
20 Year 4 students,
All the Y1 and Y2 students.
Venue: Auditorium, IMC.
Master of Ceremony : Br. Hazwan
2.00 – 2.15pm Intro to MEU (by Assoc. Pr. Dr. Azlin Sa'at)
2.15 – 2.30pm Into to MSC (by Br. Norafandi bin ?)
2.30 – 3.00pm Ice-breaking activity (Facilitator: Sr. Amalina A. Rahim)
3.00 – 3.30pm How to get to the finishing line?
3.30 – 4.00pm Group activity: Discuss what are the qualities needed to be a doctor with
‘comprehensive excellence’ and how to achieve it.
(Chairperson of group activities: ??; Facilitators: 20 Year 4 students)
4.00 – 4.10pm Discussion of Group Actitity.
4.10 – 4.30pm The Buddy Network (including experiences of some lecturers and students)
(By: Dr Azlin Sa'at)
4.30 – 5.00pm Activity: Y1 students shall have to obtain 3 signatures of Y2 students, and some
personal data. Then, find a senior buddy.
5.00 – 5.15pm Conclusion
(1) Y1 students are required to gather minimum 3 signatures from students from each year (Y2, Y3, Y4 and Y5 students). They are to bring the list on 16th July, and the one with the most signatures shall win a prize.
(2) Each Y1 student should form their ‘Buddy Network’ and present the list on Friday. (Some may have to share their buddies). The list of the Buddy Network should be given at the registration counter to Sister Fiza.
(3) A ‘Senior-Freshie Talentime show’ will be held on the following Friday. Prizes will be given to the best presentation. A minimum of 5 groups would be presenting with 5 Year 4 students as group leaders. The group leaders are: ?????
5.15pm Tea and First Buddy session
PART 2: 16th July, 2010 (2nd Friday of Y1 session)
Persons involved: MEU, MSC and Y1-Y5 students
Judges: Prof Dr. Mohd. Fauzi Abd Rani, A/P Dr Azarisman, Prof. Dr. Nasuruddin.
Venue: Auditorium, IMC
Master of Ceremony: ??
2.40 – 2.50pm Registration and Handing over of list of 'buddies' by Year 1 students
2.50 – 3.00pm Introduction by Master of Ceremony
3.00 - 4.30pm Senior-Freshie Talentime Show
4.30 – 4.45pm Conclusion (and judging of presentations)
(1) Y1 students are required to write a report on ‘My Buddy Network’ (as part of portfolio) and submit by 1st December 2010 to their mentors. This will be assessed and the best report shall win a prize.
(2) A ‘Pre-convocation Buddy Network Meet’ will be held after the results of Final professional are announced and a programme shall be drawn out together with MSC.
4.45 - 5.00pm Prize-giving and closing speech by Prof Dr. Mohd. Fauzi Abd Rani
5.00pm Tea ('early dinner')
p/s: a very good and interesting program indeed....jom la join ramai2 if ada kesempatan nanti... ;)
(terasa seperti di alam fantasi jer bile teringat yg kita dh 5th year sekarang...rasa macam baru jer semalam melalui taaruf week..hehe)