1) Here, not too busy as expected. I think we all saw 4-5 cases. There were two days without any case. So ok la.
2) For the future students, maybe u should prepare before you come.
The MO and IMU students recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Forensic-Medicine-Bernard-Knight/dp/034061370X (i think this one la, coz i remember only the simpson) This is basic for medical students. Enough kot.(i'll recheck again with the IMU students).
Besides than that, i realized that, this posting is the best time to 're-learn' anatomy. Bring along your netter from kuantan. Rugi la if x bawak.
3) The cases we saw during that 5 days were mainly head trauma. So, we learnt about basal skull fractures & the type of skull fractures. The word 'contusion' will appear like every minute during the autopsy.
4) If the specialist is present that day, you can ask her permission to be near to the dead body rather than just sitting at the gallery. Too far la, and u can't appreciate the forensic evidence from far.
5) There is also 1 MO. She is actually a bit strict, but, at the end of the day, she was nice actually. Do approach her and be polite. She will be very happy and responsive if you are able to answer her question. And she expect you all to know the basic forensic & anatomy. So, better get the book. You can learn a lot from her.
6) Make good friends with the MA. Especially those at the counter. You will know the benefits. Not appropriate to mention it here. (nanti kantoi pulak)
7) For parking, inside hospital area, 1 day will cost you rm10. U have two choices; (1) park inside the hospital, and get your ticket chop by the Ketua MA at the forensic, and you get a free parking & (2) park your car besides the MMA building; will cost only rm3/day.
8) as usual, being a malaysia; must talk about food. For lunch, best place is at the kafeteria near the klinik pesakit luar (located behind the forensic building).
I think that's all kot. Other HKL members, plz add if i miss some crucial points.